Blastball introduces boys and girls to the game of baseball. The focus at this level is to promote fun and enjoyment in an entirely non-competitive environment. Great steps are taken to ensure that the child achieves success on a small scale, whereby skills can gradually be introduced and mastered in future years.
Who can play?
Boys and girls “league age” 4 years old who have never played organized baseball before.
The Age Determination Date for a Little League Baseball player is the actual age of a child as of August 31 of the current year. Use this Age Calculator to determine your child’s league age.
What equipment is required?
- Helmet with chinstraps or a fitted helmet
- Running shoes or cleats
- Athletic pants or shorts
- All players will receive a t-shirt style jersey and hat that's theirs to keep!
Parent participation on the field is mandatory for this age group to ensure all players have success. Parents are expected to volunteer at the year-end Jamboree in June.
- 2 x 30 min games per week with a 30 min practice prior to every game.
- Games are typically Tuesdays or Thursdays at 6:00pm AND Saturdays at 10:00am or 12:00pm. These days/times are subject to change depending on final registration numbers.
- All games are held at City Park.
- A year-end Jamboree is held in June.
- Season starts mid April and runs through to the end of June.
The rules of Blastball can be found here.
Registration opens in October for the following spring season and closes in mid to late March depending on registration numbers and coach applications. Click here to register.