Rules & Regulations
The following ground rules have been established for THE CAGE by Langley Baseball Association to ensure the safe and efficient use of the upgraded batting cage at City Park. These rules must be adhered to at all times.
- The Cage hours are from 9am to 9pm. (This start time might need to change for early games that need in the cage 1 hour before)
- The Cage must be booked prior to use, and is reserved 1 hour prior to all game times for team warm up.
- Only authorized adults may run The Cage. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Abusive use and/or damage of the batting cage will result in immediate removal and loss of privilege.
- While in use, only 1 player permitted per side.
- Approved batting helmets and player protection must be worn at all times.
- ABSOLUTELY NO METAL CLEATS in the batting cage at anytime, closed toe shoes only.
- Pitching machines are for ADULT USE ONLY. Children are not permitted to feed the pitching machines under any circumstance.
- NO unsupervised “practice swinging” is permitted immediately outside or inside the cage area.
- NO foul or abusive language permitted at anytime.
- NO food, drink, gum, tobacco or sunflower seeds allowed inside the batting cage. Plastic water bottles may be used in the warm up area.
- NO alcohol in or around the batting cage.
Please be considerate of others that are using The Cage or those that are waiting to use The Cage; stick to your allotted time.
When finished, please remember to:
- Shut off and unplug pitching machines
- Put pitching machines and all other equipment away in the equipment container
- Pick up all balls and return them to the bucket
- Remove all trash and ensure area is left clean and neat
- Sweep The Cage
- Turn OFF the lights and LOCK the door
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF THE CAGE PRIVILEGES
Booking the Cage
The batting cage is booked using a private Google calendar and each request is addressed on a first come first serve basis. There are no more than two scheduled times in advance for each team. We track requested times, approved times and will manage teams requesting too many time slots privately.
This is a great feature for your team offered at no charge.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Make yourself aware of the rules of The Cage prior to use. Any mis-use or unapproved use may result in loss of privileges. Cage hours are 9am to 9pm weekdays, and 8am to 9pm weekends.
To Book a Time Slot for “The Cage”:
EMAIL REQUESTS ONLY TO:
Your email must include:
- Coach Name
- Age Group
- Requested Date
- Requested time
- Requested length (1.5 Hr Max please)
- The text should look like this: “Coaches Name, 11/12 Major A, April 23rd, 2pm, 1.5hrs”
We will confirm availability and reply via text your confirmation. We will try to complete in real time as we have the ability to add to the Calendar via mobile.